Abreu e Lima Refinery
RNEST was designed with two sets of independent refining units to allow for flexibility in the use of various types of oil with greater operational reliability.
- Processing capacity: 230,000 barrels of oil per day.
- Production: Focused on diesel fuel (70%). The refinery was designed to produce S-10 Diesel, a low-sulfur diesel fuel made pursuant to the strictest international standards (sulfur concentration at 10 parts per million). The main environmental advantages allowed for by S-10 Diesel is the reduction of particulate matter and nitrogen oxide emissions (by 80% and 98%, respectively).
- Products: S-10 diesel, naphtha, fuel oil, coke, LPG (liquefied petroleum gas).
Basic refinery technical data
With the two refining trains in operation, the Abreu e Lima Refinery will have these units:
- Two atmospheric distillation units (ADU)
- 2 Delayed coking units (DCU)
- Two diesel hydrotreatment units (DHT-D)
- Two naphtha hydrotreatment units (NHT-D)
- Two hydrogen generation units (HGU)
- Two emissions abatement units (SNOX)
The project also foresees auxiliary units and logistics facilities.
RNEST has been refining oil and producing oil products to supply to the market since December 2014. The new refinery's main objective is to produce diesel fuel and meet the demand for oil products in Northern and Northeastern Brazil, thus reducing imports.