Cabeçalho Conteúdo


icon black search
Lubnor Refinery: Main Operations | Petrobras

Lubrificantes e Derivados do Nordeste (Lubnor)

Vista aérea da Lubnor
Open Map

General Information

Refinaria Lubrificantes e Derivados do Nordeste is one of the domestic leaders in asphalt production, and the only refinery in Brazil to produce naphthenic lubricants, a product suitable for noble purposes, such as a thermal insulator for high-voltage transformers and shock absorbers for vehicles and pneumatic equipment.

Location: Refinaria Lubrificantes e Derivados do Nordeste - Lubnor
Av. Leite Barbosa, s/nº - Mucuripe
Fortaleza - Ceará
CEP: 60180420

Phone: (85) 3266-3211

Terminals it is connected to

The refinery uses two port structures: the Mucuripe Port, in Fortaleza, and the Pecém Terminal, in São Gonçalo do Amarante.

Brief background:

Inaugurated in 1966, it occupies a total area of 218,000 square meters. It produces 235,000 tonnes/year of asphalt and 73,000 cubic meters per year of naphthenic lubricants. The refinery accounts for about 13% of Brazil's asphalt production. Besides producing, it also distributes asphalt to nine states in Northern and Northeastern Brazil.

All the oil Lubnor uses is ultra heavy: 85% coming from Espírito Santo, while the remaining 15% from Ceará. Of the throughput, 62% is intended to produce asphalt, supplying all the Northeastern states, and about 16% is used to make naphthenic lubricants.

Technical Features

- Total area: 0.4 Km²
- Lubricant Unit - ULUB
- Natural Gas Processing Unit - UPGN
- Vacuum Unit - UVAC

Installed capacity

Installed capacity is 8,000 bbl/d.

Main products

Lubricating Oils

Markets it serves

Lubricant Oil - sold to distributors and marketed nationwide.
Asphalts - Ceará, Pernambuco and part of Pará.