Biodiversity: we are committed to protection | Petrobras | Petrobras
Knowledge and technology to conserve
How we care for our biodiversity
To operate in these areas, in addition to complying with legal requirements and adopting best practices, we meet the criteria of our standards and norms aimed at knowing, preventing, and minimizing risks and impacts to biodiversity and ecosystem services.
These documents indicate that we should develop and monitor actions focused on the prevention, mitigation, recovery, or compensation of impacts in relevant areas in terms of biodiversity and ecosystem services in the installation, operation, and decommissioning phases of our projects.
In addition to all the projects, studies, and management tools, we are recognized for supporting voluntary conservation projects for habitats and species, through the Petrobras Socio-Environmental Program.
Our commitment in Biodiversity
- Wildlife management plans
- Evaluation of impacts and dependencies of ecosystem services
- Net impact assessment KPI
- Improving biodiversity in our areas and regions of activity
- Search for net gain of vegetated areas
|Protection of endangered wildlife (60% in oceans)||56 species||70 species|
|Recovery and conservation of biomes||175 thousand ac||220 thousand ac|
|Strengthening the management of environmental protection areas||25 million ac||32 million ac|
Brazilian Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Apply the mitigation hierarchy throughout the life cycle of projects;
- Develop and encourage studies, research projects, technology, and innovation that contribute to the conservation of biodiversity and ecosystem services;
- Understand the biological diversity in the company's areas of operation and, whenever possible, monitor and measure impacts and dependencies.
Participation in Forums
- Thematic Chamber of Biodiversity and Biotechnology (CTBio) of the CEBDS;
- Biodiversity Network of the National Confederation of Industry (CNI);
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Working Group (BESWG) of Ipieca;
- Working Group on Biodiversity of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
Petrobras Biodiversity Section
You may also be interested in
Health, Safety, and Human Rights
Choose a channel:
Browse the Sections:
Select a language: